The Chinmaya Vanaprastha Sansthan (CVS) is the senior citizens wing of Chinmaya Ramdoot uniting people over sixty years of age. Vanaprastha Sansthan encourages senior citizens to pursue the final spiritual goal of life and shows them the means to achieve it. It assists and trains householders and near-retirees (vanaprasthis) to make a smoother and easier transition from life in grihasta ashram to life in vanaprastha ashram.
The aim of Chinmaya Ramdoot Vanaprastha Sansthan is to give a comprehensive vision to senior citizens and to make their life healthy, serene, comfortable, purposeful and happy. Its motto is:
Graceful Aging through Spiritual Living
Chinmaya Mission’s services for senior citizens are innovative, practical and unique. They help society’s elders find a harmonious balance between action and inaction, a remarkable strength in retirement, comfort and security within a like-minded community and the beauty and wisdom of spiritual evolution.
The scheme of CVS is comprehensive and particularly answers the following questions faced by retirees:
* How to achieve the spiritual goal?
* How to prevent old-age diseases?
* How to keep the body, mind, and intellect healthy, fit and alert?
* What to do after retirement to fill the social vacuum?
* Where to live? Should one live with children or separately?
* How to have good relations with children, their spouses, neighbors and so forth?
* How to maintain a reasonable standard of living with limited finances and income after retirement?